today i tried to turn on my computer and when it loaded an error titled microsoft visual C++ runtime error. it seems to pop up when i try to access the internet the most, but it also just pops up by itself it freezes my computer and barely lets me do anything, i had to e-mail you from a diffrent computer...can you please help me or direct me to someone who can?

Krishawn , Thank you for your question.

The C Runtime library is used by most programs that were written in the C and C++ programming languages. Unfortunately, Microsoft is not known for generating understandable or helpful error messages, or for providing a system that is robust enough to tolerate arbitrary program errors.

What this means is that you will have to uninstall or disable programs on your computer until you can locate the program that is causing the error.

Since your question does not deal with the C++ programming language, it is not really appropriate to this forum. I suggest that you post this question at www.experts-exchange.com, under the appropriate operating system topic area. You might also try using Google to search the Web to see if others have had the same problem.

David Spector

David Spector

Highly knowledgeable in the C++ language, Visual C++ (MSVC), Windows API, documentation and other quality-assurance techniques, and debugging. Knowledgeable in MFC, COM, GUI design, and object-oriented design.

I have been a software engineer since 1965. I have been published. My specializations have been: biomedical programming, compiler implementation, and many kinds of Windows programming. I don't do Databases or other business-oriented stuff.

Windows?/DOS Developer's Journal, ACM SIGPLAN Notices, and Computer Science Press.

ICCP Systems Programming Certification
Master's degree equivalent in Computer Science