C++/C++ and Animation

I am a programmer in Visual Basic and Web and would like to learn C++, Visual C++ and Animation.  Please let me know what you would recommend reading and/or tutorials on beginning this path of learning.

Thank you.

Diane , Thank you for your question.

I regret that I am unable to guide beginners in learning C++, Visual C++, and animation both because of the volume of questions received and because I do not know of learning resources available on the Web or elsewhere. My expertise was developed over thirty-five years of programming and attending advanced classes; I never became familiar with beginners' resources. I feel very bad about this, as I love to answer programming questions. If you ever have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

David Spector

David Spector

Highly knowledgeable in the C++ language, Visual C++ (MSVC), Windows API, documentation and other quality-assurance techniques, and debugging. Knowledgeable in MFC, COM, GUI design, and object-oriented design.

I have been a software engineer since 1965. I have been published. My specializations have been: biomedical programming, compiler implementation, and many kinds of Windows programming. I don't do Databases or other business-oriented stuff.

Windows?/DOS Developer's Journal, ACM SIGPLAN Notices, and Computer Science Press.

ICCP Systems Programming Certification
Master's degree equivalent in Computer Science