C++/C++/Visual C++

What is the difference between c++ and visaul c++? I know that c++ has the portability and all so if you know c++ how is it related to visual c++? Is visual c++ mostly for online apps? Would visual basic be better for desktop applications?  

Visual C++ is the term for using Microsoft's IDE, Microsoft Visual Studio. There is no difference between the two. Visual C++ is just developing in the Microsoft environment.

Visual Basic is better for online and web based applications. I would personally stick with C/C++ for anything else.

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie

I can answer questions about the C++ language, object oriented design and architecture. I am knowledgable in a lot of the math that goes into programming, and am certified by I also know a good deal about graphics via OpenGL, and GUIs.

I have completed numerous games and demos created with the C++ programming language. Currently employed as a software engineer in the modeling and simulation field. I have about 7 years experience.