C++/C++ headers

I am using Bloodshed Dev C++ compiler and i want to know how to find the various functions available in the header files and their specific use.

Hello Rio, thank you for the question.

Sorry about the delay, I'm usually fairly quick with answering questions but I've been very sick for the past week and haven't been able to get to a computer.

To use functions from another header file, you simply include it. Proper syntax differentiates between whether or not you wrote the file. If you wrote the file, you use this:

#include "nameoffile.h"

at the top of the file that needs access to the functions.

If someone else wrote the file, the following syntax is adhered to:

#include <nameoffile.h>

That should have you good to go, please do not hesistate to ask me another question if you need.

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie

I can answer questions about the C++ language, object oriented design and architecture. I am knowledgable in a lot of the math that goes into programming, and am certified by I also know a good deal about graphics via OpenGL, and GUIs.

I have completed numerous games and demos created with the C++ programming language. Currently employed as a software engineer in the modeling and simulation field. I have about 7 years experience.