C++/C++ compiler

Question
-------------------------
Followup To
Question -
I have been downloading several tools to help me build C/C++ programs, although none seem to work for me when I try to compile them.  For example, a downloaded the Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit (i do not have Visual C++ itself, though) and i don't know what to type into the command prompt to compile my program  with the filename "hello.cpp". This is the code:

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
   printf("Hello\n");
   return 0;
}

I understand that the code is written in C instead of C++.  However, when i try to compile the program  with commmands that I have seen on other sources (although no one tells me directly how to do it), the prompt still tells me that there is no such command. I've looked under help in the prompt, the documents that came with the Toolkit, almost everywhere and I still can't find an answer. I would really appreciate your help. --Rayce

PS: all that i want the program to do is just print
out "Hello" on the screen.
Answer -
Hello Rayce, thank you for the question.

I have determined that what you should do is go to this link:

http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_cbuilder.html

and download the Borland C++ compiler. It is free to everyone, and includes the command line tools as well. That way you'll have a much easier time compiling your C++ projects. Another thing is that the compile command from the dos prompt is different depending on the compiler being used, so no one source would be accurate when telling how unless they were using the same compiler as you. I'm pretty sure the Borland compiler will have a help or a FAQ somewhere that will instruct on how to do it.

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie

New question:

I downloaded the compiler from Borland.com.

i do not know how to install it
i clicked on the file and went threw the first process using about.com's Installing Borlands C++ Compiler 5.5
but after that i was lost

i must ask you to keep in mind: i just turned 15, and i feel that i don't know what i am doing PLEASE HELP ME

Answer
Hello Rayce, thanks for the question.

After the download of all the Borland files are complete, there should be some sort of .exe file in the folder that will install Borland for you. It might be called Setup.exe or something of the like. When you click on it, the setup should start up and begin. If not, I'll download it and take a look at it for you.

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie  

C++

Eddie