C++/Converting int to char*

Question
Hi Eddie,

I am using Visual C++ .NET 2003 and using MFC libraries to develope. My question is extremly easy ! How can I convert a int type to char* by using standard C or even .NET functions it doesn'r matter. Like:

int Num1;
char* StrNum1;

Num1=555;
// how can I convert Num1 to char* and put it in StrNum1?

Thanks,

Danesh  

Answer
Hello Danesh, thank for for the question.

There is a handy C function for just such a purpose. It can be found in the include file "string.h". It is itoa(), which stands for integer to ascii. Here is an example:

int x = 5;
char *num = itoa(x);

// num now equals 5

For floating point numbers, there is the function ftoa in the same file.

Also, to go from string to int, you can use atoi, and itof, respectively.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesistate to ask.

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie

C++

Eddie