C++/Creating a macro program to auto fill in web forms?

Hello, I have a question.  

I would wondering if you know if it is possible to create a program that can take information you enter into it and then put that information into an online web form without you having to type it in manually.  

My goal is to write a script or a program that allows you to enter some data, once you are done entering your data you click a button and the program opens up a web browser, logs into a site (using data you entered) clicks a few buttons on that site to get you to the appropriate online form and then dumps the data you entered into the program into the apporiate fields on the form.

Anyone have any ideas on how I might do this ?  All ideas and solutions are accepted.  Java, C# , C++, Perl, Visual Basic and PHP perfered.

I have a design for the program but I want to know if what I want to do is even possible before I attempt it.

Programming Person , Thank you for your question.

If you use C++, Windows, and Internet Explorer, you can use the Internet Explorer ActiveX Control to display the browser. You can directly control this embedded browser window from your C++ program.

David Spector

David Spector

Highly knowledgeable in the C++ language, Visual C++ (MSVC), Windows API, documentation and other quality-assurance techniques, and debugging. Knowledgeable in MFC, COM, GUI design, and object-oriented design.

I have been a software engineer since 1965. I have been published. My specializations have been: biomedical programming, compiler implementation, and many kinds of Windows programming. I don't do Databases or other business-oriented stuff.

Windows?/DOS Developer's Journal, ACM SIGPLAN Notices, and Computer Science Press.

ICCP Systems Programming Certification
Master's degree equivalent in Computer Science