C++/Deskmate

Question
hey eddie

a deskmate or screenmate...is a character that hangs around on your desktop..

check out www.deskmats.com ...this will explain it clear..

thanks..:)

Answer
Hello again Clary,

Sure you could program something like that in C++. You can get the handle to the desktop window by calling GetDesktopWindow(), then get a handle to a compatible device context by calling GetDC(), then use functions like BitBlt(), and SetPixel() to do your drawing operations. I have to warn though, if you are just starting out, you probably won't be programming anything complex like that for at least a year. C++ is a difficult language.

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie

C++

Eddie