C++/DirectDraw Surfaces

Question
Okay, I know how to setup a primary and secondary surface and how to set up double buffering. I know how to load bmp files and display them to the screen. However, right now when I want to draw my main character I have to load the image from the disk each time, which is very slow. I know you can create a generic DDraw surface, but I don't know how to save a loaded bmp file to that surface and use it to draw the image using hardware acceleration. Any help would be appreciated, working code would be awesome ;)

Answer
Chris Hollman , Thank you for your question.

I regret that I do not have the knowledge to answer this question (please note this in your evaluation of my response). I haven't gotten into Direct Draw yet.

I suggest that you post this question at www.experts-exchange.com, which is more advanced than allexperts.com.

David Spector

C++

David Spector