C++/Graphics Library

Hello, I'm in a C++ class using visual  Were trying to create a basic RPG gam, our problem is that we can't figure out how to import or place bmp, jpeg or anytype of image files.  Are there some simple or good graphics libraries that you could refer me too.

Hello Branko, thank you for the question.

There are 2 ways you can go about doing simple bitmap rendering. One is to use native Windows GDI functions, and the other I know of is to use DirectX. I wouldn't recommend the second option. If you need any help with Windows GDI, I am very knowledgable with that as well.

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie

I can answer questions about the C++ language, object oriented design and architecture. I am knowledgable in a lot of the math that goes into programming, and am certified by I also know a good deal about graphics via OpenGL, and GUIs.

I have completed numerous games and demos created with the C++ programming language. Currently employed as a software engineer in the modeling and simulation field. I have about 7 years experience.