C++/Hey Eddie, question about a privacy problem ;)

Hi Eddie,

I don't know if you are the right person to ask about this...but here is my problem:

I live with a roommate and he always signed out of my instant messenger programs when he gets home. I don't know if MSN messenger, AIM, or Yahoo are C++ so if they're not, please just ignore this email ;)

But if they are or you know something about how they are programmed, please read on...

Is there anyway that I can change some coding so that he can't close the program or so that none of the menus or buttons function?

It's kind of a silly question so thanks for taking the time to read this :)

Hello Jamie, thank you for the question.

Unfortunately, no, there is no way to change it. There's no access to the code behind it. All the program is an executable made from the code. There's no way to decompile it or anything.

I would suggest having a talk with your roommate or something. Perhaps there is some kind of way in the preferences settings in the programs themselves.

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie

I can answer questions about the C++ language, object oriented design and architecture. I am knowledgable in a lot of the math that goes into programming, and am certified by I also know a good deal about graphics via OpenGL, and GUIs.

I have completed numerous games and demos created with the C++ programming language. Currently employed as a software engineer in the modeling and simulation field. I have about 7 years experience.