C++/Introduction to C++

I am taking a class in Introduction to C++. The book I bought from the college bookstore is suppose to be able to follow it page by page.
I cannot get to page one, Push Start on start menu select Microsoft c++, this is suppose to be where I start.
I do not even have Mictosoft c++ on my program menu and I have searched the Internet for solutions and I am stuck.  

Donna Amaral, Thank you for your question.

Generally, all programming done in a school course is done on a school computer network that has Visual C++ installed.

If you are taking the course, ask the instructor how to get access to the Visual C++ environment.

If you are not taking the course, consider using a free C++ compiler (do Web searches to find them). You will not be able to do everthing discussed in the book.

David Spector

David Spector

Highly knowledgeable in the C++ language, Visual C++ (MSVC), Windows API, documentation and other quality-assurance techniques, and debugging. Knowledgeable in MFC, COM, GUI design, and object-oriented design.

I have been a software engineer since 1965. I have been published. My specializations have been: biomedical programming, compiler implementation, and many kinds of Windows programming. I don't do Databases or other business-oriented stuff.

Windows?/DOS Developer's Journal, ACM SIGPLAN Notices, and Computer Science Press.

ICCP Systems Programming Certification
Master's degree equivalent in Computer Science