C++/Linking Customized Help Files

Sorry for the brief desription.

I have an HTML help file for an application.  We can call the help file no problem, but what we wish to do is automate the filter within the help file.

To do this manually, you would open the help file in the normal way, and press the "Customise" button to run the filter.

What I would like to know is, is there any API calls within either HH or C++ that would allow that button to be automatically pressed when the help file is called from the application?

I hope this has been a better description of my problem.

Aarron, Thank you for your question.

My guess is that you can do what you want to do.

I cannot give you any specifics because I do not know what your Help file does. You refer to "the filter within the help file", but this makes no sense to me. What do you mean by "filter"? Also, I am not familiar with the "Customise" button. Is that a standard feature of HTML Help?

David Spector

David Spector

Highly knowledgeable in the C++ language, Visual C++ (MSVC), Windows API, documentation and other quality-assurance techniques, and debugging. Knowledgeable in MFC, COM, GUI design, and object-oriented design.

I have been a software engineer since 1965. I have been published. My specializations have been: biomedical programming, compiler implementation, and many kinds of Windows programming. I don't do Databases or other business-oriented stuff.

Windows?/DOS Developer's Journal, ACM SIGPLAN Notices, and Computer Science Press.

ICCP Systems Programming Certification
Master's degree equivalent in Computer Science