C++/MFC without Visual C++?

MFC without Visual C++?
I use free c++ compiler and tried to do MFC programs, but I could not find MFC files with my compiler. Does it mean that I can use MFC only with Visual C++?

As you probably know, MFC stands for Microsoft Foundation Classes. These classes are for Windows programming. While you don't *need* to have these files, it would be helpful to have them (as says a buddy of mine who knows more than I do). If you really wanted the MFC files, you would probably have to buy Microsoft's Visual C++ program, as I've never seen these files available on the web. But that doesn't mean they're not out there. Check out Microsoft's website and see what you can find. As one of my friend's told me, you don't need the MFC files to write Windows programs, but it would be helpful. I hope this answers your question.

Best Of Luck,

Alan F.

Having problems with any basic or intermediate parts of C++? I can answer those questions for you using simple English. I have been taking C++ in school for a couple years, so I still remember what it was like to be a beginner (especially with C++, which is a difficult language)!

I have a C++ web page that discuses the basics of C++. The address is: