C++/MODEM INPUT

Question
-------------------------
Followup To
Question -
-------------------------
Followup To
Question -

1: HOW TO TAKE MODEM INPUT.
2: HOW TO CONVERT DIGIT TO VOICE
IN VISUAL BASIC OR C++ OR ANY LANGUAGE

THANKS

Answer -
RASHEED , Thank you for your question.

1. Modem input is handled in the Internet extensions to the Windows API. You can use functions like InternetOpen, InternetOpenUrl, and InternetReadFile. There are wrappers for these functions in MFC that make such programming easier. You can also use Winsock to read IP messages directly (connect to remote system, read n characters, etc.).

2. Digits can be converted to voice using the Text-To-Speech subset of Microsoft's Speech SDK, which may be downloaded for free.

David Spector

Thank you for Answer
i try to take information from modem input , but we can't
I am realy very sorry to distrubing you, because my be your answer is  very high-tech.
Please give me some more details.
( we are making call back telephone programm,so we need clear and easy answer )

thank you
rasheed

Answer -
rasheed , Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, you have not given me enough information for me to be able to answer your question. Please resubmit your question with more details or a clearer description and I will do my best to answer.

David Spector

thank you for reply

We are in the process of developing a call-back telephone system.

In this system we need to recognize the telephone number of the
person who has called us, so that we can reply back.

After validating the telphone number that the system has received,
we need to call back the caller. For this we have decided to execute
the calling back using the "Auto Dialer" facility.

Right now we are having difficulty in identifying the number of the
caller. To be more elaborate, what is the function we need to use
to identify the telephone input that the modem has received,
ie the caller.

I am waiting your reply , please help me

thanks

rasheed  

Answer
rasheed, Full details on Microsoft TAPI are contained in Microsoft's MSDN Library.

You can search the MSDN Library at http://search.microsoft.com/us/dev/default.asp.

I regret that, since I have never used TAPI myself, I cannot offer any specific advice.

I suggest that you post this question at www.experts-exchange.com, which is more advanced than allexperts.com.

David

C++

David Spector