C++/Mail Prcocessor problem

Hi David,
       I have a problem with an application that accepts mail from the satellite and stores then on WinNT Machine.
       There is an application written in VC ++ ATL COM(or so) that accesses the mails,process them and deletes the mail. The application accesses the registry and through the registry it processes the mail and deletes them.
       This application worked fine till March and now it is not able to process the mails nor able to access the registry.we have the entire source code with us and I can send the source code.
       I want to know the possible reason so as to why the application is not working.Is it due to change of user or user profile.The application is running fine.
       Appreciating help from you as this issue is urgent.

vivek , Thank you for your question.

This does not appear to be a question about the C++ programming language. Perhaps you made a mistake in selecting the question topic area.

Please feel free to submit questions specifically about the C++ programming language to me at any time.

I suggest that you post this question in the appropriate system administration area at, which is more advanced than

David Spector

David Spector

Highly knowledgeable in the C++ language, Visual C++ (MSVC), Windows API, documentation and other quality-assurance techniques, and debugging. Knowledgeable in MFC, COM, GUI design, and object-oriented design.

I have been a software engineer since 1965. I have been published. My specializations have been: biomedical programming, compiler implementation, and many kinds of Windows programming. I don't do Databases or other business-oriented stuff.

Windows?/DOS Developer's Journal, ACM SIGPLAN Notices, and Computer Science Press.

ICCP Systems Programming Certification
Master's degree equivalent in Computer Science