C++/Numerical Programmer

Recently i am applying a C++ programming job and the title is Numerical Programmer. The job is about applied mathematical methods and numerical analysis techniques to create innovative solutions to engineering problems. One of the requirement which i am not sure what is asking for. They are the follows and do you think you can help me?

"A flair for modelling mechanical systems and familiar with the use of both closed-form classical and iterative solution schemes. "

I do not understand what it really means about the closed-form classical and iterative solution.

please help

One of my friends just came up with a small bit of information: the classical solution scheme is more of a recursive style of approaching things. The iterative solution is exactly what it sounds like: going step by step. I'm not sure how much this helps you, but it's better than nothing. :-)

Alan F.

Having problems with any basic or intermediate parts of C++? I can answer those questions for you using simple English. I have been taking C++ in school for a couple years, so I still remember what it was like to be a beginner (especially with C++, which is a difficult language)!

I have a C++ web page that discuses the basics of C++. The address is: