C++/Numerical Programmer

Question
Hi:

Recently i am applying a C++ programming job and the title is Numerical Programmer. The job is about applied mathematical methods and numerical analysis techniques to create innovative solutions to engineering problems. One of the requirement which i am not sure what is asking for. They are the follows and do you think you can help me?

"A flair for modelling mechanical systems and familiar with the use of both closed-form classical and iterative solution schemes. "

I do not understand what it really means about the closed-form classical and iterative solution.

please help

Stephen

Answer
Stephan,
One of my friends just came up with a small bit of information: the classical solution scheme is more of a recursive style of approaching things. The iterative solution is exactly what it sounds like: going step by step. I'm not sure how much this helps you, but it's better than nothing. :-)

Alan

C++

Alan F.