C++/Simple graphics app for C++

I wish to convert an app prototyped in Excel to a decent C++ program on a Win 98SE machine. It has a real-time interface via DDE. No problem there, I have the C++ API code to replace that. It also uses simple 2D business graphics. I would like to import code to do all this messy graphics work without having to get involved with it. What do you recommend?
Also what C++ compiler should I get?
I'll probably get a new computer in the next year.
Thanks for your advice.

Clark, Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with commercial graphics packages. Perhaps Web searching would turn up what you need.

The choice of C++ compiler depends on many factors that you have not discussed, such as your budget, your need for support, your need for compatibility, etc.

David Spector

David Spector

Highly knowledgeable in the C++ language, Visual C++ (MSVC), Windows API, documentation and other quality-assurance techniques, and debugging. Knowledgeable in MFC, COM, GUI design, and object-oriented design.

I have been a software engineer since 1965. I have been published. My specializations have been: biomedical programming, compiler implementation, and many kinds of Windows programming. I don't do Databases or other business-oriented stuff.

Windows?/DOS Developer's Journal, ACM SIGPLAN Notices, and Computer Science Press.

ICCP Systems Programming Certification
Master's degree equivalent in Computer Science