C++/Templates

Question
I see. I thought the main reason most people didn't like the STL is because of the overhead with the new's and delete's. I don't really like the list at all, but the vector is cool.  

Answer
Eddie, The latest STL includes "sort" that uses the new "introspection" algorithm to achieve order(n log n) execution time even in the worst case.

New's and delete's don't bother me only because I wrote my own memory allocator that keeps deleted blocks on free lists, one for each power of two in size. This scheme results in fast new/delete on average with minimal wasted disk space.

David

C++

David Spector