C++/Visual C++ .Net

How you doing Eddie.

First, thanks for taking the time to help me out. What I want to know is what exactly .Net is. I have read a bit about it but still don;t really understand what it is. I currently am programming using Microsoft Visual C++ .Net 2002. However I don't know how to program in .Net if you know what I mean. When I go to start a new program, these are the choices I have, A few ATL projects, a few Managed C++ applications and class library's and then a few MFC projects. I pretty sure MFC is not .Net, so what I want to really know is what project do I choose to be programming in .Net????  I hope I'm not confusing you. Thanks again for your help.

Hello Trent, thank you for the question.

Maybe they're 2 separate things, but when people I know refer to .NET programming it is just referring to programming using Visual Studio.NET. If they are referring to some kind of application that I'm unaware of, then I have no clue what it is. I'm sorry I can't answer your question better. Are you sure they're not referring to programming using Visual Studio?

- Eddie

I can answer questions about the C++ language, object oriented design and architecture. I am knowledgable in a lot of the math that goes into programming, and am certified by I also know a good deal about graphics via OpenGL, and GUIs.

I have completed numerous games and demos created with the C++ programming language. Currently employed as a software engineer in the modeling and simulation field. I have about 7 years experience.