C++/automatic execution on startup ...

Question
Hello sir!

I have a very simple question:

how can I write a program that when installed, automatically executes on atart up; Something like antivirus programs that whenever the windows starts up they automatically go to win-tray.

Note that I do not want to use StartUp folder, ".\Documents and Settings\...\Start Menu\Programs\Startup".

Also I want my program to automatically go to the win-tray.

thank you very much.

Answer
mohammad, Thank you for your question.

This does not appear to be a question about the C++ programming language. Perhaps you made a mistake in selecting the question topic area.

It sounds like you want to write a program that runs on the user's computer "in the background" rather than under the direct control of the user. Such a process is called a Service, and is supported somewhat differently on different versions of Windows.

Services are documented in Microsoft's MSDN Library. You can search the MSDN Library at http://search.microsoft.com/us/dev/default.asp.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

David Spector

C++

David Spector