C++/beginning programming

Question
Hello, I'm just beginning to explore programming because I hear of these people creating little programs to do specific little tasks.
My question is what language should I begin with? I want to be able to expand to be able to do anything eventuaally, so I don't want to start with a language that will be limiting down the road.
Thank you.
frew

Answer
Frew,
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your question. It has been a rough few days for me, and email wasn't a top priority. As for your question, there are lots of different languages out there. I personally believe that starting with C++, while not the easiest language to learn, would be your best bet. It teaches a lot of 'the basics' (especially when it comes to object oriented programming) that you would need if you want to switch to Java or some of the .NET languages. Programming languages are always evolving (not by leaps and bounds, usually), so starting with a slightly older but time proven language is your best bet.

Best Of Luck,
Alan

C++

Alan F.