C++/c++

Question
Why c++ not having virtual constructor

Answer
Hello Sushil Sharma, thank you for the question.

In C++, the only modifier you can have on a constructor is the inline keyword.

Most people use virtual destructors because of inheritence, in the case of Abstract Base Classes, as to make sure that the function is overridden and the class is not instantiated. You automatically know that the derived class will have a destructor, so it seems the most suitable function to make virtual.

For a more detailed explanation of what virtual does, please look it up in the MSDN library, which can be found for free at http://msdn.microsoft.com

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie

C++

Eddie