C++/creating resource file in Visual C++ 6.0

Question
Would like to create a menu using the .rc file. Using Visual C++ 6.0.  Started a .rc file within a project.  Get a small folder at top left of text editor.  Right click on text editor and see ID= Resource Symbols and Resource Includes.  Chose Resource Symbols and entered resource name and value.  Included ,  'hMenu = CreateMenu();

LoadMenu(hInstance, "MENU1");' in code of .cpp file but not getting menu. Seeking your help.
Thanks.  

Answer
winston morris , Thank you for your question.

Make sure that the resource file is the main one for your project. If you create a standalone RC file, no software will use it.

Also, note that all a menu is is a data structure; to make it be displayed, you have to associate the menu with a window.

David Spector

C++

David Spector