C++/the difference between turbo c++ and borland c++

sorry for taking your time.
I am a beginner in c++ programing.
my OS is win XP professional.
would you please tell me what is the difference between turbo c++ and borland c++ and which one can I run in win XP and from where through the internet.
I should say that the file system in all drives of my hard drive is NTFS.
Please help me in this regards.

sara , Thank you for your question.

I regret that I do not have the knowledge to answer this question.

I suggest that you post this question at, which is more advanced than Or find the Web site for Borland compilers.

Please feel free to submit questions specifically about the C++ programming language to me at any time.

David Spector

David Spector

Highly knowledgeable in the C++ language, Visual C++ (MSVC), Windows API, documentation and other quality-assurance techniques, and debugging. Knowledgeable in MFC, COM, GUI design, and object-oriented design.

I have been a software engineer since 1965. I have been published. My specializations have been: biomedical programming, compiler implementation, and many kinds of Windows programming. I don't do Databases or other business-oriented stuff.

Windows?/DOS Developer's Journal, ACM SIGPLAN Notices, and Computer Science Press.

ICCP Systems Programming Certification
Master's degree equivalent in Computer Science