C++/How to display Arabic characters console application using MSVC++.net

Question
Dear Sir,

i tried to write a string of arabic characters and print it using cout in console application using Microsoft Visual C++.NET and there was not any type of error but when i executed the console application it displays rabbish characters instead arabic characters.I hope that you can help me.

Thanks in advance
Ahmad Al-Asmar

Answer
Ahmad Al-Asmar , Thank you for your question.

Your development and host systems must be set up to handle either multi-byte (MBCS) or 16-bit (Unicode) character I/O. In addition, you must have the correct Locale and Page set up.

I am not sure if anything other than this need be done in the program code.

I suggest that you post this question at www.experts-exchange.com, which is more advanced than allexperts.com.

David Spector

C++

David Spector