C++/file input output

i dont really get the idea of file input/output. what does it do? and could you help me out on how to set it up. appreciate it.

jimmy , Thank you for your question.

A computer can read or write information (data) on hard disk drives, CD-ROMs, diskettes, etc. Such data is stored in named containers called "files". A file has attributes such as its name, when it was created, etc., and contains a fixed number of bytes (a byte is an 8-bit number).

Reading a file is called "file input", and writing a file is called "file output".

Free tutorials on file input and output in C++ can be found by searching the Web.

Feel free to ask any specific questions you may have.

David Spector

David Spector

Highly knowledgeable in the C++ language, Visual C++ (MSVC), Windows API, documentation and other quality-assurance techniques, and debugging. Knowledgeable in MFC, COM, GUI design, and object-oriented design.

I have been a software engineer since 1965. I have been published. My specializations have been: biomedical programming, compiler implementation, and many kinds of Windows programming. I don't do Databases or other business-oriented stuff.

Windows?/DOS Developer's Journal, ACM SIGPLAN Notices, and Computer Science Press.

ICCP Systems Programming Certification
Master's degree equivalent in Computer Science