C++/form view

I have been using vb for a while and having good knowledge of c so i decided to use visual c. But making windows apps is much harder than consol apps. I dont know how to see what buttons and things im making. I know how to select cformview when i generat code, but sometimes i download workspaces (projects) and you cant view the main form, only other forms like the 'about' form or whatever, so when you allready have a project how can you see that main form? feel free to elaborate on the subject, i like any knowledge i can get.

steve , Thank you for your question.

To see your main dialog box, select menu item View, then Workspace. Then click on the Resource View tab. Then click on the plus sign to the left of the project Resources folder icon. Then click on the plus sign to the left of the Dialog folder icon. Then double-click on the name of your main dialog box.

Feel free to ask further questions.

David Spector

David Spector

Highly knowledgeable in the C++ language, Visual C++ (MSVC), Windows API, documentation and other quality-assurance techniques, and debugging. Knowledgeable in MFC, COM, GUI design, and object-oriented design.

I have been a software engineer since 1965. I have been published. My specializations have been: biomedical programming, compiler implementation, and many kinds of Windows programming. I don't do Databases or other business-oriented stuff.

Windows?/DOS Developer's Journal, ACM SIGPLAN Notices, and Computer Science Press.

ICCP Systems Programming Certification
Master's degree equivalent in Computer Science