C++/my knowledge

Question
I'm 18 years old and i started programming when i was 16 and i really liked it as soon as i started.  Today I know just about everything in C++ i know everything right up to polymorphism & templates and excetpions.  

I like to do Windows API Programming mixed in with C++.  I can create the basic controls and use them in API, and create dialogs and paint stuff etc.  And its my favourate language, i learn in it all the time.  I started doing this and OpenGL when I was 17.

I can also do a small amount of OpenGL programming, creating objects(Cubes etc).  Rotating things, changing color.  I made two neat screen savers and still have them.

I can program a good bit in javascript when needed.  using external scripts, functions, altering text and calculating.  blah blah blah.  This means i can do HTML(all) and CSS.

All of the programming I learnt by myself, self-tought and continuing that way.  I also want to become a programmer later on as a career.  So my question is will i be able to become one?  And how good are my skills today?

Answer
clarence , Thank you for your question.

I was 20 when I started programming professionally, so I know what you are talking about.

Your achievements are impressive.

There are many true stories of teenagers who wrote operating systems or game programs which were so successful that they ended up running their own large companies.

If you can come up with a marketable idea, the entrepreneurial route may be a good one for you.

Unfortunately, the market for C++, Windows, and Web programmers is very small right now. This may improve in the future. I don't want to get you down, but I gave up looking for a job where I live (Boston, USA) over three years ago.

David Spector

C++

David Spector