C++/linking libraries

Question
I'm trying to run through a C++ tutorial where I have to link to a .lib file to get the program to work. How do you do this? Is it a command you type into the file or something you accomplish via the GUI? (I'm using DevC++ Version 5.0)

Answer
Greg , Thank you for your question.

Linking to a .lib file is done by the linker, not the C++ compiler. Most compilers come with a linker. When you build a project from an Interactive Development Environment, the environment will maintain information associated with the project, including the list of .lib files to be linked.

Some C++ compilers also support a C++ "#pragma" command so you can specify .lib files in the C++ source file itself.

David Spector

C++

David Spector