C++/mac sit

Hi, I have a rather differant question for you, I hope you can help me out as I've been looking into this for a while now.
I am woundering if it's posable to open a .sit file from a mac format onto a pc.
I was trying to see if or what it is in the windows operating system telling it to only open it's own extentions and not mac extentions and linux. can you help me with any ideas of sudjestions.
THank you very much for your time.

Rick , Thank you for your question.

This does not appear to be a question about the C++ programming language.

Please feel free to submit questions specifically about the C++ programming language to me at any time.

I suggest that you post this question at www.experts-exchange.com, which is more advanced than allexperts.com.

David Spector

David Spector

Highly knowledgeable in the C++ language, Visual C++ (MSVC), Windows API, documentation and other quality-assurance techniques, and debugging. Knowledgeable in MFC, COM, GUI design, and object-oriented design.

I have been a software engineer since 1965. I have been published. My specializations have been: biomedical programming, compiler implementation, and many kinds of Windows programming. I don't do Databases or other business-oriented stuff.

Windows?/DOS Developer's Journal, ACM SIGPLAN Notices, and Computer Science Press.

ICCP Systems Programming Certification
Master's degree equivalent in Computer Science