C++/macro expansion

Question
hi,
I would like to know if you know any tool or compiler setting that produces precompiled source code file where macros are expanded.

i.e:
#define foo(a) if(a>0){return 0;}

int a=2;
foo(a)

will be expanded to

int a=2;
if(a>0){return 0;}

Cem

PS: I am using Ms Visual C++ 6.0

Answer
Hello Cem, thank you for the question.

I'm not sure what you mean by "that produces precompiled source code file where macros are expanded."

From the sample code you have shown, it looks like what the compiler already does. A #define is nothing more than a precompiled text replacement. The compiler literally replaces the executed code on the current line with the code in the #define. It is nothing more than an implicit copy and paste as far as the compiler is concerned. If I'm missing something in the question please feel free to question me again.

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie

C++

Eddie