C++/How to make a non-cmd prompt window?

I know this is probably a really basic question, but I can't figure out how to make a regular window come up instead of the command prompt when I run my programs. I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.

Hello Gregory, thank you for the question.

In order to make a windowed application, you have to tell Visual Studio to generate a Windows application instead of a console application when you create the project. Then you will have an empty windowed application.

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie

I can answer questions about the C++ language, object oriented design and architecture. I am knowledgable in a lot of the math that goes into programming, and am certified by I also know a good deal about graphics via OpenGL, and GUIs.

I have completed numerous games and demos created with the C++ programming language. Currently employed as a software engineer in the modeling and simulation field. I have about 7 years experience.