C++/unable to resolve a compiler error

Dear Sir,

Kindly help me get out of this desperation :

Here is a complete dialogue of a thread that i posted on a help website regarding C C++ help.

I hope it would be helpfull for me in getting your
help and for you in pinpointing the solution.

Here is the dialogue :
Posted by me on day 1 :
Please help.I am in a desperate condition.

I am getting the error message "segment _TEXT exceeds 64 k" when i am linking my program in borland turboc3 3.0 compiler.

Can anyone suggest a remedy for this.

I have tried reducing some lines of text from my program but to no help and now i can't reduce any furthur lines.

Can anyone tell how to increase the size of segment beyond 64k.

Please send your help as soon as possible as my project deadline is about to end.

Thanks in Advance
Rituraj Raina
Help i got :
You can't, not with that compiler... It's an old realmode DOS compiler, and in those days (say the mid 1980s) memory segments were 64KB and could not get larger.
Switch to a more modern compiler (one that was written in the last decade or so).
Reply i posted :
Thanks for your advice.

I tried using Dev-cpp compiler but i am getting error messages when i transferred the code that was working with the old compiler to the new compiler.

For ex : when i tried to include file <graphics.h>,it was giving error "unable to include file " and the same error with <iostream.h>

Also i have included many files of my project like #include"mrsgen.cpp" and it is not allowing me to include the files in such a way.

Can you please provide a solution to this.Its very urgent.

Thanks again
Help i got :
DevC++ doesnt have graphics.h with it, its a borland extension. iostream.h should work if not try #include <iostream> without the .h
Reply i posted :
Thanks for your help.

Its a horrible condition now since devc++ doesn't have a graphics.h & conio.h and i have written a hugh bulk of code in borland compiler and its not possible for me to make the necessary changes in the whole code to comply with dev-cpp.

Is there any option in which i can migrate my code written in borland compiler to any other new compiler without making any changes??????

I think i have to bear the crunch of my boss  

Please help..................
Above is the condition of my problem till now.

Now i request you to pleasssss help me get out of
this terrible situaion.plsssssss

Hello Rituraj Raina, thank you for the question.

You probably won't like this answer, but I would advise you to buy the expensive Borland compiler. Since you need it for work, you can probably get your company to pay for it. This solves your problem of the outdated compiler, and the problem of not having enough time to port your code over to a new compiler. If you go to the Borland website and buy the newest version of the compiler they have on there, both of your problems are solved within 10 minutes.

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie

I can answer questions about the C++ language, object oriented design and architecture. I am knowledgable in a lot of the math that goes into programming, and am certified by I also know a good deal about graphics via OpenGL, and GUIs.

I have completed numerous games and demos created with the C++ programming language. Currently employed as a software engineer in the modeling and simulation field. I have about 7 years experience.