C++/virtual constructor and destructor

Question
sir/madam
pls explain me the following

1. Can we have "Virtual Constructors"?
2. Explain the need for “Virtual Destructor”.

Answer
Hello John, thank you for the question.

1. No, you cannot have a virtual constructor. Declaring a constructor virtual will result in a compile error.

2. Virtual destructors are commonly used with inheritance. Since an abstract class must contain a pure virtual method that has to be overridden, a lot of developers commonly declare their destructors pure virtual, since a destructor is sure to be implemented in every subclass. Declaring a method as virtual allows the compiler to figure out the appropriate version to call on derived classes at runtime.

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie

C++

Eddie