C++/visual C++

I am able to do c++ in a editor like borland or somehting, but MS visual C++ seems to be troublesome for me.  I cannot even do a "hello world".  Can you provide me with the code for doing a "hello world" in a win32 consol application?  I have tried to search for this on the internet...but the code provided seems to be ridiculously long.

Thanks for your help.

Hello Edwin, thank you for the question.

Are you checking the box for an Empty Project when you create your Win32 Console application? Not doing that will produce a bunch of useless code. Just a sanity check. Here it is in all its glory, hello world:

#include <iostream>

int main()
std::cout << "Hello World" << std::endl;
return 0;

I hope this information was helpful.

- Eddie

I can answer questions about the C++ language, object oriented design and architecture. I am knowledgable in a lot of the math that goes into programming, and am certified by I also know a good deal about graphics via OpenGL, and GUIs.

I have completed numerous games and demos created with the C++ programming language. Currently employed as a software engineer in the modeling and simulation field. I have about 7 years experience.