C++/about windows api functions

Followup To
Question -
   which api function in windows is used to know the load of the processor.that is how much the processor is busy at this time.(like the sysmon application given with windows)and which api is used to know the no of diskread/write  operations curretly handling.

thanking you sir.

sai rahul.
Answer -
sai rahul, Thank you for your question.

Certain performance statistics are reported by SysMon.exe, PerfMtr (NT only), and PMon (NT only).

There are some Win32 functions available in all versions of Windows to determine process or processor load, chiefly GetProcessTimes and GetProcessMemoryInfo.

However, in some systems more detailed information is available by enumerating certain system statistics keys in the Windows Registry.

In some systems, the keys for the NAMES of system statistics are located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\PerfStats\Enum.

David Spector

Thank you sir.can you explain it more briefly.

thanking you sir.

Here is the briefest answer I can give:

Use functions such as 'GetProcessTimes'.

If you need a better answer (rather than a brief one), I suggest that you post this question at, which is more advanced than

David Spector

Highly knowledgeable in the C++ language, Visual C++ (MSVC), Windows API, documentation and other quality-assurance techniques, and debugging. Knowledgeable in MFC, COM, GUI design, and object-oriented design.

I have been a software engineer since 1965. I have been published. My specializations have been: biomedical programming, compiler implementation, and many kinds of Windows programming. I don't do Databases or other business-oriented stuff.

Windows?/DOS Developer's Journal, ACM SIGPLAN Notices, and Computer Science Press.

ICCP Systems Programming Certification
Master's degree equivalent in Computer Science