C++/windows copy dialog

Question
hi.
i'm looking for a way to replace the windows(XP) copy dialog with my own program that will copy the file instead of the explorer when it is being draged from one place to another.
i know this isn't trivial, but i'm just looking for a general idea of how this can be done.
i'm not afraid of c++/vb/hooking/com-objects/registry/whatever
thanks, Ronen.

Answer
Ronen, Thank you for your question.

I would guess that this can be done but that it does indeed require hooking and/or registering with the Shell for notification. Perhaps you can write a server that extends the Shell Namespace.

I've never done this, so I don't know what to advise other than to search the MSDN Library and do lots of experiments.

I suggest that you post this question at www.experts-exchange.com, which is more advanced than allexperts.com.

David Spector

C++

David Spector