C#/Streaming TV application with c#

Hello, as the title suggests, I want to create an application that allows you to view free channels streaming using C # as the language and operating system Windows 8.

Q1: How can I have the link of the chain to the broadcast in my application.

Thank you for your help

Hi there,

Most applications of this type use Windows Media Player component by giving it the link of the stream.

However finding those links and keeping your application up-to-date is whole another story. If you can find a site that provides channels with Media Player component (which isn't much popular these days), you can simply check source code of html to get the link. However getting source link from flash players are harder. Because many websites that provide TV channels try to hide the original link to prevent losing visitors. So it can be a bit troublesome to find every channel you want.

I can suggest searching IP TV channel lists over net. Here is an example page.

Hope that helps,

Murat Mehmet

I can help with questions about desktop and web programming in C#, including SOAP, XML, database managing, custom controls, security etc.

I have been developing web and especially desktop applications in C# and VB.Net for almost 5 years. My programming life has begun with VB6 long time ago, so its about 8 years that I am in this business.

Was in R & D for 2 years in a popular Turkish technology website:

2011 Computer Engineering graduation in University of Trakia in Turkey.