C#/Inserting Data to MySQL Server

Question
I want to connect my .net window application to remote mysql server runs on linux.

I ask to my hosting company to configure my server so that I can connect .net window application to mysql server but they are saying-
.net application doesn't works/connect with the linux server and the port no. 3306 is already is in the allowed list of the firewall.

Is that true? If yes then what is the best solution to connect my .net window application to remote MySql server.

Answer
If you do not have a cPanel to make this configuration and remote access is allowed then you may try rechecking your connection string.

I have tried to connect with the following one:

SERVER=173.192.76.44;DATABASE=inborn;user id=inborn;password=inborn;port=3306;charset=utf8

but I suppose you did not write here the actual name and password so it did not work. That's why check if you are writing the right db name, user id and password and give connection string to hosting support team to inform you what you are doing wrong.

Except that, of course you can connect .net apps with mysql db, as in the link I sent you in your previous question.

Hope that helps,

Murat

C#

Murat Mehmet