C#/Web Applications for Viewing SMS.

Question
Dear Murat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Message_Service‎

Is it possible to design and develop Web applications where mobile users can view their inbox and outbox SMS Messages ?.

As a example : A Website where mobile user first register their name, address, mobile number, mobile service provider etc. The Mobile phone user will able to to view his/her SMS - Inbox and Outbox messages on this website after successfully login.

As a example Mobile User forgets his Cellphone at some place and in case he wants to check his SMS Box on other PC, this could have been possible after getting connected to internet and view the SMS Messages.

Technically is it possible to design and develop web applications and also it is possible to integrate the same features in One's Gmail, Hotmail, Rediffmail, Yahoo email server applications ?.

Example : In One's Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail etc account, one can view SMS - Inbox and Outbox messages. That is the Email server applications provide these facility.

Is this System development feasible to design and develop ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hi there,

It's truly good idea to bind sms inbox and outbox to a web application. However this does not seem possible since there is no public authentication for sms messages and they can be only read by phones after a secure connection with provider using sim cards, unless the service supports an sms api. In countries that I know (Turkey and Greece) this cannot be done however some services support web-sms over their own websites, which you can read and send messages.

In conclusion, if you are doing this as a company, you may try to have an agreement with local providers, otherwise there is no such application yet.

Hope that helps,

Murat

C#

Murat Mehmet