C#/Complex number data type in programming languages.

Dear Murat‎‎‎‎‎

Do you feel whether the complex number data type can be useful in programming languages viz C, C++, Java, C# etc similar to integer,float,double,char,string,bool,date,user defined data types viz class, struct etc ?.

The use of Complex Number Data Type would be useful in designing and developing graphical applications using the above programming languages ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi there,

I'm not an advanced mathematician or graphic designer. However as you said, I know they are important in designing some graphic models.

Complex numbers are already included in .Net Framework 4.0. You just have to reference System.Numerics to access the Complex structure.

See msdn for more info about this structure and here for more info about how to use it.

Hope that helps,

Murat Mehmet

I can help with questions about desktop and web programming in C#, including SOAP, XML, database managing, custom controls, security etc.

I have been developing web and especially desktop applications in C# and VB.Net for almost 5 years. My programming life has begun with VB6 long time ago, so its about 8 years that I am in this business.

Was in R & D for 2 years in a popular Turkish technology website:

2011 Computer Engineering graduation in University of Trakia in Turkey.