C#/C# chart controls

Question
Sir,
I am creating a chart form and trying to create a chart object that keeps giving me error

" Error   8   The type or namespace name 'Chart' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting' (are you missing an assembly reference?)"

with the following line

"private System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.Chart chart1;"

i am trying to create chart1 as an object of chart.
i have done a bit of searching and another syntax available has form of

"System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.ChartArea chartArea1 = new System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.ChartArea();"

i am using vs 2012 .NET 4.5
i created a form by dragging and dropping chart control from toolbox which automatically generated the second syntax but when i try the same code its an error, plus while writing my code vs 2012 prompts for "...Charting.Utilities" and never shows "ChartArea" as an option.
but when i drag and drop that time it works fine.

please do help me i am fixed.

regards,
Prakash.

Answer
Hi there,

Check if you have reference to System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization. If you don't have it, add it and it will work fine. If you have it, ensure your project's .Net version is 4 or 4.5. Go to project properties and see Target Framework to confirm it. (Even you pointed that you use 4.5, please re-confirm it, mistakes may happen)

Hope that helps,

Murat

C#

Murat Mehmet