Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/How to remove dresser drawers from track?

Songdog wrote at 2012-03-03 00:40:05
Yes indeed, check for the "friction" slide!

I also could not figure the center slide out until I read this post, and he was CORRECT!

Pull the drawer until it stops.  Brace the cabinet so that you don't pull it onto yourself, and pull with force.

The drawer came right out!  There was not any kind of catch at all.  Just two dimples that prevents the drawer from falling out on it's own.

Good luck!

atommo67 wrote at 2014-07-06 00:06:07
THANK YOU - This line saved me "K&V makes two types of these slides. The 1129 slide features a friction disconnect, meaning you just have to pull on the drawer (fairly hard) to remove it."

Jac wrote at 2015-02-03 02:29:28
Thank you so much, I was really struggling and had no idea. I found the black plastic tabs you were talking of!

Such a great help as it was very frustrating.

Gretchen wrote at 2015-06-27 06:29:02
I had the same problem and did a google search to find the answer. I also have the friction release drawers and didn't know it. Thanks so much for your helpful advice!

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Jamie Yocono

Woodworker, Furniture designer/builder, industrial arts educator. Bachelor degree in Furniture Design, and journeyman carpenter, with a 4 year apprenticeship. Currently owner of custom furniture/cabinet shop in Las Vegas, NV. Can answer most woodworking questions EXCEPT those regarding repairs, refinishing, and antiques.

Bachelor in Furniture Design - Ohio University (1980) Journeyman Carpenter, Local 639 Adult educator - Developed adult education woodworking program for the University of Akron, and taught classes there for 9 years. Opened a private woodworking school in Las Vegas, NV and teach private and semi-private lessons. In 2011, I will begin teaching UNLV woodworking classes at my school. Sweet!

Furniture Society

Tile Design and Installation Magazine (Article on inlaying tile into wood)

Journeyman Union Carpenter Bachelors degree in Furniture Design (Ohio University) College of Hard Knocks!