Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/Can't remove drawer due to drawer stops

Evan wrote at 2009-11-01 16:24:56
Mark,

I had a similar problem with trying to remove drawers from a Young America dresser.  I dug around on their website, and came across this "instructional video". Grabbing the drawer on each side and firmly pulling it out does work, and reinserting is just as easy. Hopefully you figured this out since your original post several months ago, but thought I'd add my two cents if you haven't yet. http://www.youngamerica.com/Customer+Service/Instructional+Videos/

BostonMom wrote at 2009-12-28 19:47:52
I also had a problem trying to figure out how to remove a drawer from my Young America furniture and this was the only thread I found online with any discussion of the issue.  Unfortunately, there was no resolution noted so I tentatively tried the "tug" approach identified by the original poster and as recommended by Stanley.  It worked. . . a few gentle tugs (nothing too strong) and the drawer came out.  I want to also add that we were removing the drawer b/c something had fallen behind it, not because there was anything wrong with the furniture.

Chad S wrote at 2010-06-30 01:57:42
My son's dresser from the Stanley Young America GenAmerica collection has a similar drawer safety stop. Pulling the drawer out as far as it goes, and giving it a quick, firm tug worked for me.

Jeff from Melville, NY wrote at 2010-09-11 12:58:09
I just read all of the advice on your site. There is NO NEED to make this more work than it should be. Stanley is correct. Just empty the drawer, and pull it out. I just tried it, and it worked fine. The drawer went right back in after I removed about 10 pairs of socks wedged behind the drawer. Here is the link from Stanley.

http://www.youngamerica.com/Customer+Service/Instructional+Videos/

just some dad wrote at 2010-10-02 19:52:16
The solution "just give it a tug" worked for my son's nightstand drawer, also from stanley young america.

Thanks.

Bobby wrote at 2011-01-03 03:34:05
I as well own a Stanley bedroom suite, the drawers DO come out as described above and noted below.

Just called Stanley and they said to pull the drawer out as far as it goes, and then give it a good tug and it will release.  

Lititz Mom wrote at 2011-02-23 15:54:28
My daughter has a Stanley Young America bedroom suite, as well.  Some socks were stuck behind one of the drawers.  The solutions listed above worked perfectly - a firm tug holding both sides of the drawers will pull the drawer out.  Thanks so much for all of the posts and advice!  Sigh of relief...

Gus wrote at 2011-05-19 17:22:50
pull out till resistance, then a “sharp tug” gets them past pressure point. Might also damage glide. I know this is likely late, but I just did this on my drawer and it released.

BJ wrote at 2012-05-11 17:43:30
If you have the Rite track system...the drawers are tight on coming out when you try to take them completely out of the dresser.  I am able to wiggle mine lightly left and right and pulling out gently as I do and they will come out, even though it does no feel like it will.   You may have a problem with the plastic drawer component which is installed on the back end of the drawer over the slide bar center mounted on the bottom of the drawer.  Or the problem could be on the plastic case component which is mounted on the frame of the dresser  centered and lined up with the drawer track component.  Or you could have problems with both.  The plastic pieces which stabilize the drawer to the track tend to break and cause alignment issues...once the drawer is out you can see it better.  I am ordering new parts for mine and this was the problem...especially with the drawer tipping down when I slide it out...the problem is the drawer plastic component.

Sammyg70 wrote at 2012-08-31 13:38:42
OMG!  Thank you so much!  This absolutely works.  I finally retrieved a pajama top that had been behind the drawers for 2 years!

gratefulliving wrote at 2013-11-24 18:09:33
It TOTALLY works.  I was a little afraid to try, but just a little more tug than normal and they come right out!  Thank you so much...it was not easy to find this page and this is the only place I found the answer!!  

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Jamie Yocono