Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/Dresser/chest identification

Question
Hi there,

Picked up this gorgeous paneled chest on Craigslist for $45.  The fronts of the drawers have dovetail joinery, and the backs have circular joinery (this looks a little different from Knapp joinery...it isn't the same thing, is it?).  I am in love with the paneled back and sides.  Is this Eastlake, or Eastlake style?

Thank you!

Answer
Hi Melissa
Nice to hear from you.
What a great buy for 45.00.
This is what is called an Eastlake style dresser. I have a couple myself.
Yours is made from solid ash. Its lovely and in great shape.
Here is an article I know you will enjoy.
http://forums.finewoodworking.com/fine-woodworking-knots/joinery/what-joint-thi

Thanks for sending the pictures
Regards
Eileen

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Eileen Cronk