You are here:

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/Dresser/chest identification


Hi there,

Picked up this gorgeous paneled chest on Craigslist for $45.  The fronts of the drawers have dovetail joinery, and the backs have circular joinery (this looks a little different from Knapp isn't the same thing, is it?).  I am in love with the paneled back and sides.  Is this Eastlake, or Eastlake style?

Thank you!

Hi Melissa
Nice to hear from you.
What a great buy for 45.00.
This is what is called an Eastlake style dresser. I have a couple myself.
Yours is made from solid ash. Its lovely and in great shape.
Here is an article I know you will enjoy.

Thanks for sending the pictures

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Eileen Cronk


Hi..I can answer most questions about the repairing,stripping and refinishing of all your old furniture and wood items(the things we call antiques)I can give advice about what to buy/avoid at auctions/flea markets. I do not give appraisals on antiques.


I have been refinishing antiques for the past 30yrs. While I have taken several courses over the years,I have found that "hands on" learning is the best teacher. Perhaps I can help you avoid some of the mistakes I made while learning.

©2017 All rights reserved.