Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/burn mark on wooden table top

Question
We had a candle in a glass container that burned to the bottom last night.. the container cracked in several places, what was left of the wax, came out and now there is a soup-can size (pretty deep) burn mark on the table... I put "Goo Be Gone on it" but it did nothing.. Did try to scrape with a razor but that didn't help either... it is not an expensive table(not even sure it is all totally real wood) but I would like to keep thru the holidays if possible... can you help me!!?  Thanks

Answer
Hi Dottie
Nice to hear from you.
Put a runner or doily over the mark.
Not being smart Dottie but theres nothing we can do about such burn marks.
Thankfully nothing else burned.
Now if you decide to paint the table, then it becomes an easy fix.
Simply dig out the soft burned area, fill with wood filler, sand, prime and paint.
Great question
Regards
Eileen

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Eileen Cronk