Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/MDF Joints

I am starting my furniture business where I am planing to make home furniture in MDF. I would like to ship the furniture as flatpack just like IKEA does. I wanted to know what types of joinery can I use for MDF furnitures that customers can easily assemble at home.

ANy suggestion?

Hello Sanjay,

Try Hafele
There are many different ways to supply fixings for customers to self assemble. The fittings themselves are relatively cheap the only problem is accurate drilling of any holes required. Unless you are using CCN machining the best other method  for accurate repeat drilling is to buy the manufactured jigs for the type of fitting you will be using. Hafele supply all the items you might need.

Good luck!

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Sean Parsons

I can answer all questions relating to carpentry, woodworking, joinery, cabinet making, construction, renovations, DIY, home improvements. I can help with the manufacture of joinery including sash/casement windows, staircases, doors and frames. I have expertise in veneering, laminating, steam bending, curved work, moldings.

I have been a professional woodworker for over 28 years. Starting as an apprentice carpenter at the age of 16 to now running my own company and joinery workshop specialising in supplying bespoke and unique joinery to commercial and private clients.

City & Guilds Carpentry & Joinery (Tottenham Technical Collage, London) 4 Year Apprenticeship Scheme