Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/can't remove a sliding drawer from a roll top desk

Question
pic1
pic1  

pic2
pic2  
Where in the world is the release on this thing? I have tried pulling out with force to no avail, as well.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Please see attached photos.

Thanks in advance!

Answer
Sandi -

See the black tab on the first picture you sent? That is the release tab. On both sides, press it in (toward the drawer box) and lift the drawer off of the other metal part that it is resting upon.

There are two pieces of metal there (in that first picture) that are held together by the black tab. It's really hard to explain, but push the black thing in, and lift the drawer off.

Hope this helps! Write back if it doesn't and I'll try to explain it better.

Good luck! I think you have enough information to figure it out now.

Jamie in Vegas

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Jamie Yocono