Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/can't remove a sliding drawer from a roll top desk

Where in the world is the release on this thing? I have tried pulling out with force to no avail, as well.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Please see attached photos.

Thanks in advance!

Sandi -

See the black tab on the first picture you sent? That is the release tab. On both sides, press it in (toward the drawer box) and lift the drawer off of the other metal part that it is resting upon.

There are two pieces of metal there (in that first picture) that are held together by the black tab. It's really hard to explain, but push the black thing in, and lift the drawer off.

Hope this helps! Write back if it doesn't and I'll try to explain it better.

Good luck! I think you have enough information to figure it out now.

Jamie in Vegas

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Jamie Yocono

Woodworker, Furniture designer/builder, industrial arts educator. Bachelor degree in Furniture Design, and journeyman carpenter, with a 4 year apprenticeship. Currently owner of custom furniture/cabinet shop in Las Vegas, NV. Can answer most woodworking questions EXCEPT those regarding repairs, refinishing, and antiques.

Bachelor in Furniture Design - Ohio University (1980) Journeyman Carpenter, Local 639 Adult educator - Developed adult education woodworking program for the University of Akron, and taught classes there for 9 years. Opened a private woodworking school in Las Vegas, NV and teach private and semi-private lessons. In 2011, I will begin teaching UNLV woodworking classes at my school. Sweet!

Furniture Society

Tile Design and Installation Magazine (Article on inlaying tile into wood)

Journeyman Union Carpenter Bachelors degree in Furniture Design (Ohio University) College of Hard Knocks!