Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks/Finish for outside bamboo railings

Question
Bamboo rails I've put up in the past have turned silvery white, which I presume is from the sun's UV rays.  I love the natural color of bamboo, so for a new railing I'm building, would like to find a finish that will stop, or at least slow down, turning whitish. If so, does it come in spray cans or small quantity cans of liquid?

Answer
Jack,
Thanks for your e-mail -- sorry for the slow response -- we are in the field in our woodcare business; six days a week and sometime seven.

We treat outside wood for many customers.
The best product that I have found; and use consistently, is a product called Boodge.
info@boodge.com   (303-642-7680)

I believe that the transparent product will work on your bamboo.
If you want a little more protection from the sun; I would suggest semi-transparent.
It depends on how much pigmentation the bamboo will accept.

I am not sure; but, I believe that it only comes in gallons.
Give them a call after you visit their website and ask if it can be purchase in smaller quantities.

Please e-mail with any further questions.

Joe Eldredge
Conscientious Wood Care

Cabinets, Furniture, Woodworks

Joseph A. Eldredge